Saturday, October 31, 2015

Who Can Find An Excellent Woman?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Who
Can Find
An Excellent Woman? 

I didn’t even know what to look for in a woman when I met Kathy. Looking back at when we were 17 years of age and had first met here is how Kathy describes our relationship, “Eddy and I were madly in lust with each other!” It was so true! And at 18 years of age (tomorrow we celebrate our 46th year wedding anniversary) we were still madly in lust with each other! At 19 years of age everything changed …

Scripture

Proverbs 31

10 Who can find an excellent woman?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband trusts her completely.
    She gives him all the important things he needs.


Observation

I didn’t even know what to look for in a woman when I met Kathy. Looking back at when we were 17 years of age and had first met here is how Kathy describes our relationship, “Eddy and I were madly in lust with each other!” It was so true! And at 18 years of age (tomorrow we celebrate our 46th year wedding anniversary) we were still madly in lust with each other!

At 19 years of age everything changed - Jesus Christ transformed our lives!

It was then I began to realize what an excellent woman God had given me! And over the past 46 years I have told myself at least a million times I am so glad that God gave me Kathy and not someone else.

We look back and we are so grateful. God’s favor has shined on us and on our marriage. We marvel at God’s grace. We had no clue when we first got married what a godly marriage was supposed to look like.


Kathy, I want you to know that I totally agree with the writer of Proverbs, “Many women do excellent things. But you are better than all the others.” Charm can fool you. Beauty fades. But a woman who has respect for the Lord should be praised. 

I have said it many times before but I will say it again, I am so glad that God brought Kathy into my life. She is the best gift that this man could have ever hoped for! 

Lust has changed to godly passion. I still get excited looking at Kathy when she walks through the room. I love to hear her laughter when she is talking to a friend or one of my children on the telephone. I think that her presence changes the atmosphere of any gathering she attends. 

I can say today that I love Kathy more today than ever before. I am madly in love with this very special woman!

Application

I am and I will enjoy the wife of my youth? How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me the joy of knowing You and having a relationship with You. Thank You for bringing Kathy Bearden into my life so many years ago. Thank You for keeping us together as we were trying to figure out what marriage was all about. I pray for couples that are striving to live for You. Help them grow in their relationship with each other. Don’t let Satan destroy them. Keep them from making stupid mistakes that wreck their marriage. Give them a deep love for You and a deep love for each other. Bless Kathy. May Your face shine on her. Allow her the privilege of helping other women be the best wives that they can be to their husbands.

Daily Bible Reading:  Job 22; Mark 7,8; Psalm 31, 131; Proverbs 31




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: