Tuesday, October 27, 2015

So Take Courage! For I Believe God. It Will Be Just As He Said.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

So Take Courage!
For I Believe God.
It Will Be Just As He Said.

I love the illustration that Almasi Sims gave us this past Sunday talking about how we should approach the Word of God. He said of himself, “I picture Jesus waiting for me every morning with breakfast all ready for me to enjoy and I picture Him waiting for me to sit down and enjoy what He has prepared.” Jesus wants us to enjoy a feast with Him every morning as we open up God’s Word. He doesn’t want us to just grab something off of the table and run out the door yelling back to Him that we don’t have time to finish the meal or spend time with Him.


Scripture

Acts 27 

25 So take courage! For I believe God. It will be just as he said.

Observation

Promises! Promises! Promises!

If only we had a politician that would lead us based on his or her dependence on our Heavenly Father!

I have to constantly remind myself that God sets up kings and world leaders and He also takes them down.

Even in the midst of so much uncertainty in our world you and I can echo with complete confidence the words of the Apostle Paul, “So take courage! For I believe God. It will be just as He said.”

I love the illustration that Almasi Sims gave us this past Sunday talking about how we should approach the Word of God. He said of himself, “I picture Jesus waiting for me every morning with breakfast all ready for me to enjoy and I picture Him waiting for me to sit down and enjoy what He has prepared.”

Jesus wants us to enjoy a feast with Him every morning as we open up God’s Word. He doesn’t want us to just grab something off of the table and run out the door yelling back to Him that we don’t have time to finish the meal or spend time with Him.

Lets get in the habit of spending time with Jesus every day then we will be able to say as the Apostle Paul said, “Take courage! For I believe God. It will be just as He said.”




Application

I will enjoy my time with Jesus today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give us leaders that spend time with You. I pray for our leadership at our church. I pray that they take time to be in Your word. I pray that they take time to hear Your voice. I pray for our President. Give him wisdom to lead.

I pray for all of those that are seeking to be President of our country. Lord, would You put one of them in leadership that has a love for You.
Thank You for Your Word. It gives me strength. It encourages me about the future. Your Word lets me know that You are in charge and that You are directing world events! Nothing escapes You. Nothing catches You by surprise! So I will take courage! For I believe You. It will be just as You said.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 18; Psalms 114; Acts 27,28



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: