Monday, October 05, 2015

Rejoice In The Wife Of Your Youth


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Rejoice
In The Wife
Of Your Youth

Get back with the wife of your youth! 47 years ago today I took Kathy out on our first date. We went to see the movie, “Gone with the wind”! We were only 17 years old. Next month on November 1st we will celebrate 46 years of being married. I want every couple to be able to enjoy marriage the way God intended it to be. When I was talking to a young man the other day he mentioned that he had 2 young children, but that he had been separated from their Mom for the past 4 years. I asked him if she had married someone and his reply back to me was no she had not. What would you have said to this young man?

Scripture

Proverbs 5

18 Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you.
    Rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 She is a loving deer, a graceful doe.
    Let her breasts satisfy you always.
    May you always be captivated by her love.
20 Why be captivated, my son, by an immoral woman,
    or fondle the breasts of a promiscuous woman?


Observation

When I was talking to a young man the other day he mentioned that he had 2 young children, but that he had been separated from their Mom for the past 4 years.

I asked him if she had married someone and his reply back to me was no she had not.

What would you have said to this young man?

This man had just recently placed his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is now a Christian. When he was with this woman he was not a believer. What would you say to someone in this situation?

Although they had never married they were together for almost 10 years and together they had these 2 children.

I encouraged this young new believer to pursue a new relationship with the mother of his children. I encouraged him to pray for her that she would become a Christian. I told him that his children needed a Mom and a Dad raising them. Of course I also shared with him that he should be living close to his children so that they could see and spend time with their Dad. They live up north and he is now living in Tampa.

Is what I shared with him something that was possible? I am sure that it seems pretty impossible to him and probably would really seem impossible to the mother of his children, but … you know what I am getting ready to share don’t you … okay here it comes … “with God nothing is impossible”.

Get back with the wife of your youth!

47 years ago today I took Kathy out on our first date. We went to see the movie, “Gone with the wind”! We were 17 years old. Next month on November 1st we will celebrate 46 years of being married. I want every couple to be able to enjoy marriage the way God intended it.

The young man that I talked to is now a Christian. I want him to be able to experience marriage and a love relationship the way that God intended it to be.

You may be saying to yourself, “Eddy you are just a dreamer” I could never get back with my wife or get back with the mother of my children. 

My answer to you and anyone else that finds him in my friend’s position is this. You at least ought to do everything, and I mean everything to get back with the wife of your youth!

True, it is a lot easier to begin a new relationship with someone else, but I want you to think about is this what will your wife, kids, and you will miss out on if you do!


Application

I will not give up on encouraging men to act like godly men so they can see God do the impossible in their lives!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give this young man courage to do the impossible. Put it in his heart to pursue the mother of his children so that he can be the godly husband and godly father that You intended for him to be. I pray for the impossible. I know of other couples in the same situation and I pray the same thing for them today. I pray for Kathy today. Bless her and I pray that You use her to influence when to live godly lives. Bring women into her life that need to be encouraged to live according to Your word. Thank You for bringing her into my life 47 years ago today! She is amazing! You are so good!



Daily Bible Reading:  Esther 3,4,5,6,7,8; Luke 18; Psalms 21-25; Proverbs 5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: