Thursday, October 01, 2015

Listen To My Voice In The Morning, LORD. Each Morning I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Listen To My Voice
In The Morning, LORD.
Each Morning I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly. 

Last night one of the young couples in our life group shared that they have made a War Room in their house. It was an extra bedroom that they have now converted to a prayer room. It is a place set aside for each one of them to have a special place for prayer! How neat is that! God will honor the decision that they have made to put God first in their lives.

Scripture

Psalm 5

3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

Observation

In the morning I lay my requests before the Lord and then I wait expectantly. Does that describe you? Does that describe me?

In the rustle and bustle of this fast paced world where do you and I find time to talk to the Lord? When do you and I have time to wait expectantly on Him to answer?

It might take us going to bed earlier so we can get up earlier. It might mean turning off the television, putting down the cell phone and getting off of the computer and or the tablet.

Quietness! You and I will have to carve out some time to hear God’s voice and time to wait on Him expectantly.

If you are not already doing it I encourage you to have a quiet time everyday. In the morning or in the evening you and I must make time to spend with the Lord.

I suggest that it be the same place everyday. I also highly recommend that you leave your Bible, paper, and pen in that special place. A Bible reading plan will also help you have a successful daily devotional time.

Last night one of the young couples in our life group shared that they have made a War Room in their house. It was an extra bedroom that they have now converted to a prayer room. It is a place set aside for each one of them to have a special place for prayer!

How neat is that! God will honor the decision that they have made to put God first in their lives.



Application

In the morning, Lord, I will lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

Prayer

O Lord, hear me as I pray;
    pay attention to my groaning.
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
    for I pray to no one but you.
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
    let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them,
    that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
12 For you bless the godly, O Lord;
    you surround them with your shield of love. Psalm 5:1-3,11-12




Daily Bible Reading:  Zechariah 10,11,12; Psalms 126; Luke 14; Psalms 1-5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: