Tuesday, October 13, 2015

This Promise Is To You, To Your Children, And To Those Far Away


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

This Promise
Is To You, To Your Children,
And To Those Far Away

God’s gift to us is His Holy Spirit. Can I take a minute and talk about how important that Gift is to both you and to me? When you and I place our trust, when you and I put our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we turn from our sin and from self and turn to God; God Himself comes to live inside of us! We are powerful in Christ. We have 220 Power! So lets not make excuses for why we are not doing what God has asked us to do. Let’s do it! 


Scripture

Acts 2

38 Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  

39 This promise is to you, to your children, and to those far away — all who have been called by the Lord our God.” 40 Then Peter continued preaching for a long time, strongly urging all his listeners, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation!”

Observation

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. John 14:27

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Ephesians 2:8

Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words! 2 Corinthians 9:15

God’s gift to us is His Holy Spirit. Can I take a minute and talk about how important that Gift is to both you and to me? 

When you and I place our trust, when you and I put our faith in the Lord Jesus Chris, we turn from our sin and from self and turn to God; God Himself comes to live inside of us!

The Spirit of God the Father, the Spirit of Christ, God’s Holy Spirit, God Himself comes to live and comes to powerfully works inside each one of us who are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

We are powerful in Christ. 

We have 220 Power!

Galatians 2:20 

    I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 

Philippians 4:13

    For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.
So lets not make excuses for why we are not doing what God has asked us to do.

Let’s do it! 

Application

I know that I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20 personalized!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live out these verses that I have just read. Thank You for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for coming into my life. I can do everything that You place on my heart to do through Christ Who gives me the strength I need. I pray for those that I talked to yesterday at Mission Tampa. I pray that You gift them with the Gift of Eternal life. Set them free from their lives of bondage to sin. Allow them to experience the abundant life that You have for them in Jesus Christ!


Daily Bible Reading:  Nehemiah 9,10; Acts 2






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: