Sunday, November 01, 2015

Have Mercy On Us And Help Us, If You Can. What Do You Mean; “If I Can?” Jesus Asked. “Anything Is Possible If A Person Believes.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Have Mercy On Us And Help Us,
If You Can.
What Do You Mean; “If I Can?” Jesus Asked. “Anything Is Possible If A Person Believes.

Scripture

Mark 9

Have mercy on us and help us, if you can.”

23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”
24 The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

Observation

Sometimes if you and I are honest our prayers are just like this man’s plea to Jesus. We pray but we don’t really pray believing that God is going to change the situation we are in. We pray an “If You can” kind of prayer!

We are talking to Creator God! How dare us pray an “If You can” kind of prayer.

For the father in this story the situation with his demon possessed son was totally impossible. He was completely helpless. None of Jesus’ disciples had been able to help this man and his son.

Everyday that I wake up and open my eyes I am walking proof of the power of prayer. So many of you prayed for me. I had nothing to do with it. I was completely unaware of all the prayers being prayed for me during my time in the hospital when my life kept coming and going and I was barely alive.

As my lung doctor told me when Kathy and I went to visit him in his office, shaking his head he said, “You should not be here. You should not have survived.  … You are a miracle.” He just stared at me … it made us smile!

 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face… 2 Chronicles 7:14

One day God is going to take me home. None of us live forever. He has allowed me to live here on earth for a little while longer, but this is not my home. If you are a Christ follower this is not your home either! He loves me too much to keep me down here on planet earth forever! How about you? Are you scared to die?

Maybe you are going through something right now that seems impossible. If you are let me suggest that You talk to Your Heavenly Father about it. Let me suggest that you boldly go to His throne of grace and ask Him for help!

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16

Application


I will continue to boldly go to the throne of my gracious God. Where I will receive His mercy, and I will find grace to help me when I need it most. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know who I am praying for this morning. I am praying with confidence. I am boldly coming to Your throne because You are a God of grace. I know that I will receive mercy, and I know that I will find grace to help me when I need it most. Some of those I am praying for are sick. Some are battling cancer, some have upcoming heart surgeries, and others are struggling with emotional issues. Show Yourself powerful in their lives this week. Show them that they can count on You as they go through these difficult times. You are Creator God. Nothing is too hard for You. I pray for those in my life that need salvation that need to turn the direction of their lives from sin and self and turn to You. I am not going to give up praying for them until they are saved and they are living for You.

Daily Bible Reading:  Psalms 121; Mark 9,10





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: