Tuesday, November 24, 2015

You Don’t Have Enough Faith


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You
Don’t
Have Enough Faith

Yet, even though we have been empowered, even though we have been promised that Jesus will always be with us, (Matthew 28:20b “I am with you always, even to the end of the age” we can do just like the disciples did, and not believe that our God is big enough to do what is being asked of us!

Scripture

Matthew 17

17 Jesus said, “You faithless and corrupt people! How long must I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” 18 Then Jesus rebuked the demon in the boy, and it left him. From that moment the boy was well.

19 Afterward the disciples asked Jesus privately, “Why couldn’t we cast out that demon?”

20 “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible”

Observation

The disciples had earlier been given a commission by Jesus to heal the sick, and cast out demons, (Luke 10:17 “ When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, “Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!”), but something happened.

You and I have been commissioned too! We have been empowered by the Holy Spirit. 

Yet, even though we have been empowered, even though we have been promised that Jesus will always be with us, (Matthew 28:20b “I am with you always, even to the end of the age” we can do just like the disciples did, and not believe that our God is big enough to do what is being asked of us!

Jesus, at the time of this lack of faith on his disciples’ part, was up the mountain talking with Moses and Elijah along with 3 of His disciples. Maybe it was because they couldn’t see Jesus, or maybe the disciples thought that the Divine power that Jesus had given them was only for that one mission trip. 

Whatever the reason for their lack of faith Jesus takes the opportunity of their failure to teach them this important truth. 

Here it is: 

It is not the size of your faith (it can be very small), but it is the size of Your God. 

The Apostle Paul expressed this kind of faith when he said, “

I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]”

 Philippians 4:13 Amplified

Application

I will walk by faith today and not by sight.
    2 Corinthians 5:7 We live by faith, not by sight.

   


   


Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t ever let me think that You cannot heal, or that You cannot save. You are Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You. You are Creator God. You are Mighty to save. You are the source of my faith today. You are my Hope. My confidence is in You. Encourage those who have lost hope those who do not have faith. Show them Your Mighty Power. Show them that they can put their faith and their hope in You.


Daily Bible Reading:  Matthew 17,18,19




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: