Sunday, November 08, 2015

If You Want To Boast, Boast Only About The LORD!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

If You Want To Boast,
Boast
Only About The LORD!

Have you ever been around someone that was full of themselves? They think that they hung the moon or at least they believe that they could? It makes one nauseous! If you tell a story they always have one that’s better! Keep reading … this is very short!

Scripture


1 Corinthians 1

31 Therefore, as the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord.”


Observation

Have you ever been around someone that was full of themselves? They think that they hung the moon or at least they believe that they could? It makes one nauseous! If you tell a story they always have one that’s better!

Our Sunday school lesson today is on humility. The lesson is taken from Daniel chapter 4 where we find King Nebuchadnezzar very full of himself and God teaching him a lesson on humility. God had warned him a year earlier in a dream that Daniel had interpreted for him that he better make a change. But old king Nebby had to learn humility the hard way. God struck him with a good dose of insanity and for 7 years he lived out in the wilderness like a wild animal.

At the end of the 7 years Nebuchadnezzar finally realized that there was a God and he was not Him. Amazingly, he turned and worshipped God as the One true God and God placed him back on the throne as king.

We serve a God of wonderful grace and mercy don’t we!

Pride comes before destruction, and an arrogant spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

You and I can be very hard headed, which the Bible calls “pride”! 

God needs to receive the glory for whatever we accomplish in this life. If we are going to brag it better be about Jesus and what He has done in and through our lives!

Application

I realize that I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength and that on my own I can do no good thing. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy for me to think that I am something that I am not. But I realize this morning that I am a child of the King. I have been bought with a price. I am precious in Your sight. I also realize that I am a sinner and that everyday I struggle with my old nature that wants me to sin. I pray today that I can bring You glory and honor by the way I live out this day. Give me Your thoughts. Direct me today. Help me to remember who I am and help me to remember that I need to depend on You. I pray for Pastor Bruce today. Use him for Your glory and for Your honor in the lives of Your people today. 


Daily Bible Reading: Job 33; 1 Corinthians 1,2,3




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: