Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Whatever You Do Do It All For The Glory Of God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Whatever You
Do
Do It All For The Glory Of God

What are your plans today? Everything that you and I plan to do should bring glory to God. So lets think about that for a minute! If you are fortunate enough to have a job, how do I use my time at work? Am I the best employee that my boss or company has working for them? If I am a business owner is my company committed to bringing glory to God? How do I use my free time? What about my attitude about my job? How about the cigarettes I smoke, the drugs I take, the alcohol I drink, and the amount of food I eat? Bottom line … Do these actions, do they bring glory to my Heavenly Father?

Scripture

1 Corinthians 10

31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Observation

What are your plans today? Everything that you and I plan to do should bring glory to God.

Yesterday, when I went up to church to do a few things, I noticed that 3 other men were up at church volunteering their time to make some improvements on our buildings to them better for the rest of us when we gather to worship and study God’s Word. I praise God for these special men and women.

But this verse goes way beyond volunteering!

The Holy Spirit had the Apostle Paul use the word “whatever”! WHATEVER you and I do, we are to do it for the glory of God.

So lets think about that for a minute!

If you are fortunate enough to have a job, how do I use my time at work? Am I the best employee that my boss or company has working for them? If I am a business owner is my company committed to bringing glory to God? How do I use my free time? What about my attitude about my job? How about the cigarettes I smoke, the drugs I take, the alcohol I drink, and the amount of food I eat?

Bottom line …

Do these actions; do they bring glory to my Heavenly Father?

If something that you and I do does not reflect our relationship with Jesus Christ, does not bring glory to our Heavenly Father, then lets not continue to make excuses or rationalize our sin, lets stop the practice so God can receive the glory.

Soon after I became a Christian I had the opportunity to work at Disney World when it was being built. Yes, way back in the early 1970’s! Our crew of Millwrights was working on the construction of the monorail that goes around the park. The enormous monorail beams were being produced in the state of Washington or somewhere on the west coast and were being transported by train all the way across the country.

While we were waiting on the first beams to arrive our crew began playing poker in the back of our huge truck in the shack that was attached to its frame.

It was a friendly game! But … I can now testify that nickel and dime poker when played for 8 hours a day, can be very costly!

Old Joe Thompson was our general foreman and one day he took me off to the side. He angrily told me that if I really were a Christian (evidently I had been sharing about my relationship with Christ with my co-workers) I wouldn’t be playing poker! He was not a Christian, but he knew that this kind of behavior was not something that a Christ follower should be doing!

God used a lost person that day to correct me and to remind me “Whatever I do, it should be for the glory of God!”

By the way, I am not saying that playing poker is always the wrong thing to do.

Maybe there could be a time when it brings glory to our Heavenly Father? Maybe???


Application

I will think about the truth of this verse today and I will evaluate how I use my time. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me waste a minute on something that doesn’t bring You glory. Give me purpose. Give me direction. Help me use my time in a way that brings You glory. Thank You for the conviction of Your Holy Spirit. Help me to be obedient when the Holy Spirit points out something in my life that is not pleasing to You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Psalms 122; 1 Corinthians 9,10,11




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: