Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Anyone Who Claims To Know All The Answers Doesn’t Really Know Very Much.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Anyone Who Claims
To Know All The Answers
Doesn’t Really Know Very Much.

This reminds me of Proverbs 17:28“Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.” If you and I can just keep our mouths shut then people around us may think that we are smart. Open our mouths and we remove all doubt! I am an extrovert and talking before engaging my brain, well it just comes naturally! Kathy has told me way more than once, “You think that you know everything!”

Scripture

1 Corinthians 8

Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much.

Observation

This reminds me of Proverbs 17:28 

“Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.”

If you and I can just keep our mouths shut then people around us may think that we are smart. 

Open our mouths and remove all doubt!

I am an extrovert and talking before engaging my brain, well it just comes naturally! 

Spouting off and saying things that I instantly regret is sadly almost a daily occurrence and it is almost always directed at the one that I love the most – Kathy! 

Kathy has told me way more than once, “You think that you know everything!” 

I think that I am going to get her to memorize “Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much.” 1 Corinthians 8:2 so she can quote it to me every time I spew out “my “know it all” attitude”. 

Application

I will try harder to keep my mouth shut. How about you!
Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut. Proverbs 10:19



Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me always to be a learner. Help me to keep my mouth shut. You know how little I really know. You are Creator God. You know my thoughts and You know what I am going to say tomorrow and everyday after that. Thank You for giving me a wife that lets me know when my mouth reveals how stupid I really am and thank You for giving me a wife that loves me in spite of my stupidity. 

I am reminded of Proverbs 12:18 Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing. Help me to use wise words as I go through this day.

   



Daily Bible Reading: 




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: