Monday, November 09, 2015

It Isn’t My Responsibility To Judge Outsiders, But It Certainly Is Your Responsibility To Judge Those Inside The Church Who Are Sinning.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

It Isn’t My Responsibility To Judge Outsiders,
But It Certainly Is Your Responsibility
To Judge Those Inside The Church Who Are Sinning.

Take time to read 1 Corinthians 5 and then tell me how we should handle sexual immorality within the church. I agree that we should not judge outsiders, those who are in the world and who are not part of the church, but it is our responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. Lets call sin a sin, but lets do it with the attitude of helping the person who is sinning so that they can live a victorious Christian life. 



Scripture


1 Corinthians 5

12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning.

Observation

Have you ever heard a fellow brother or sister in Christ say, “We are not to judge.” Or, “It is not our place to judge!”

How do we correct and help a brother or sister in Christ who is involved in sin if we don’t call sin a sin?

Sexual immorality was so common in the city of Corinth that the church in Corinth allowed a brother in Christ to fellowship with them even though he was having a sexual relationship with his stepmother. Today, churches in America face the same kind of problem when addressing sexual immorality.

Take time to read 1 Corinthians 5 and then tell me how we should handle sexual immorality within the church. I agree that we should not judge outsiders, those who are in the world and who are not part of the church, but it is our responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning.

Lets call sin a sin, but lets do it with the attitude of helping the person who is sinning so that they can live a victorious Christian life.

19 My dear brothers and sisters, if someone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back, 20 you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back from wandering will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins. James 5:19-20


Application

I will continue to try to help bring back sinners that have wandered from the truth and I want them to do the same thing for me.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be more concerned with the person than I am with his or her sin, but don’t ever let me overlook it when the sin needs to be addressed. 

Give me Your heart, Your compassion, and Your love for those around me who are living in sin. Give me the courage to confront in love, but with the right motive and with the right attitude that will help the sinner turn from sin and back to You. 

I pray for those who are involved in sexual immorality. Help them to turn from the sin and turn to You. Don’t let them continue in this sin. Help them to walk in victory.



Daily Bible Reading:  Job 34; 1 Corinthians 4,5,6



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: