Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Remember This --- A Farmer Who Plants Only A Few Seeds Will Get A Small Crop. But The One Who Plants Generously Will Get A Generous Crop.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Remember This ---
A Farmer Who Plants Only A Few Seeds Will Get A Small Crop.
But The One Who Plants Generously Will Get A Generous Crop. 

It is so easy to forget the “law of the harvest”! In fact, being stingy comes so natural and so easy for me! How about you? The Apostle Paul reminds us of this simple truth – the more we give the more receive! If the farmer plants just a few seeds then he can only expect a small crop. It is common sense; even I should be able to understand this principle!

Scripture

2 Corinthians 9

Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.

Observation

It is so easy to forget the “law of the harvest”! In fact, being stingy comes so natural and so easy for me! How about you?

The Apostle Paul reminds us of this simple truth – the more we give the more receive! If the farmer plants just a few seeds then he can only expect a small crop. It is common sense; even I should be able to understand this principle!

Here are a few truths about giving that you and I should take to heart and put into practice!

  • We harvest in proportion to what we sow.

If we sow a lot we will harvest a lot, but if we sow only a little then our harvest will be smaller.

  • We harvest more than we sow.  Plant generously = a generous crop!


  • We harvest later than we sow.

  • We harvest the same “kind” – Sow apple seed you will harvest apples!

 Sow love you will receive love in return. Sow discord and hate you can expect to receive discord and hate right back to you!

The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering goal for our church is $20,000! Lets pray about how much we should give!


Application

I will pray about my giving. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know the generous grace of my Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for my sake He became poor, so that by his poverty He could make me rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9) Give me a more generous heart. Being stingy is a total lack of faith in You. You promise to bless me if I am generous so help me put Your Word and Your promises into practice. 

    If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving—large or small—it will be used to measure what is given back to you." Luke 6:38

    Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the Lord Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! Malachi 3:10

   


   


    





Daily Bible Reading:  2 Corinthians 7,8,9,10



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: