Monday, November 30, 2015

Let Me Say First That I Thank My God Through Jesus Christ For All Of You


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Let Me Say First
That I Thank My God
Through Jesus Christ For All Of You

Yesterday at church during our Bible study class one our new members and fairly new in his commitment to Christ shared with us that when he first started praying as a new Christian his prayers were almost all for himself, but now that he has grown in Christ his prayer requests are for others and now he prays very little for himself. When I heard him share that I was so proud of him and so delighted in how he has grown! You and I have been given the opportunity to intercede for others! In fact, I believe that it is one of the most important tasks we have been given, ranked right below sharing our faith!

Scripture

Romans 1

Let me say first that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith in him is being talked about all over the world. God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart…

Observation

Yesterday at church during our Bible study class one our new members and fairly new in his commitment to Christ shared with us that when he first started praying as a new Christian his prayers were almost all for himself, but now that he has grown in Christ his prayer requests are for others and now he prays very little for himself.

When I heard him share that I was so proud of him and so delighted in how he has grown!

You and I have been given the opportunity to intercede for others! In fact, I believe that it is one of the most important tasks we have been given, ranked right below sharing our faith!

First, I want you to pray for all people. Ask God to help and bless them. Give thanks for them. 1Timothy 2:1

 … It was Christ Jesus Who died. He was raised from the dead. He is on the right side of God praying to Him for us. Romans 8:34 NLV

How do we spend our time in prayer? 

Are we all consumed with “me, myself, and I”?  When we approach God is it with a “give me” mentality? 

The Apostle Paul knew how important and how powerful the ministry of intercession was that is why he said to those he wrote his letters to, “Please pray for me!” 

I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. Romans 15:30

Application

I will ask the Lord to help me to be faithful in the ministry of intercession. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me where I need to grow up! Don’t let me be satisfied with my life where it is right now. I want to always be growing in Christ. Thank You for what You are doing in the lives of those that I pray for. I love seeing them grow up in You. It is amazing to watch how You are working in so many lives. Put on my heart today those who You want me to pray for. Don’t let me be selfish. 

I pray for my friend John Seale today as he goes through treatment. Help the doctors to be successful. Give John and Jeanie peace of knowing that You are in control of every detail of today. Bless them. Help them through this long day filled with waiting rooms and possibly uncomfortable procedures. 

Daily Bible Reading:  Romans 1,2,3,4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: