Saturday, November 07, 2015

I Made A Covenant With My Eyes Not To Look With Lust At A Young Woman


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Made A Covenant
With My Eyes
Not To Look With Lust At A Young Woman

Your eyes and my eyes go directly to our hearts and unless we have made a covenant with our eyes not to look and keep looking then we are going to sin! Believe it or not I used to have trouble (and it is still a big temptation) keeping my eyes off a beautiful woman if she crossed my path. A glance, of course is normal, but fixation and staring at her as she walks quickly turns to lust.


Scripture

Job 31

1 “I made a covenant with my eyes
    not to look with lust at a young woman.


Observation

Men, let me recommend this verse to you this morning. Memorize it and then put it into practice!

Your eyes and my eyes go directly to our hearts and unless we have made a covenant with our eyes not to look and keep looking then we are going to sin!

Believe it or not I used to have trouble (and it is still a big temptation) keeping my eyes off a beautiful woman if she crossed my path. A glance, of course is normal, but fixation and staring at her as she walks quickly turns to lust.

When I catch my eyes staying longer than a glance (yes, even at my age) here is what I say to myself and it takes all the enjoyment out of the lustful moment and helps me get my focus back where it should be, I say to myself, “Christ died for that sin.” I visualize Christ hanging on the cross.

So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Galatians 5:16-17, 24

Application

I will renew the covenant that I have made with my eyes! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me self-control. Help me live out the Spirit filled life.   I want my life to be filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Because I belong to Christ Jesus help me to nail the passions and desires of my sinful nature to the cross of Christ.  Since I am living by the Spirit, let me follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of my life. Galatians 5:22-25 personalized.


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 31,32; Galatians 5,6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: