Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Right Word Spoken At The Right Time Is As Beautiful As Gold Apples In A Silver Bowl


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Right Word
Spoken At The Right Time
Is As Beautiful As Gold Apples In A Silver Bowl

If there were one thing that I would definitely go back and change looking back over our forty-six years of marriage it would be this. I would take back all of the words that have come out of my mouth aimed at my wife that hurt her. Even today it shocks me (and it is way too often) to hear the words and the tone of the words that come out of my mouth aimed at hurting my wife.

Scripture

Proverbs 25

11 The right word spoken at the right time is as beautiful as gold apples in a silver bowl. NCV

Observation

If there were one thing that I would definitely go back and change looking back over our forty-six years of marriage it would be this. I would take back all of the words that have come out of my mouth aimed at my wife that hurt her.

Even today it shocks me (and it is way too often) to hear the words and the tone of the words that come out of my mouth aimed at hurting my wife.

Kathy and I have learned a few things about communicating with each other. It only has taken us 46 years of being together.

Kathy has learned to let me know when what I say has hurt her. When she says to me with tears in her eyes, “You hurt my feelings.” It immediately makes me realize what a jerk I am and it gives me the chance to tell her, “I am sorry”.

I love her latest response to one of my latest ugly remarks, “Oh, are we going to be grouchy again?”

I want her to call me out when my words are not said in the right tone or when they are intentionally meant to hurt.

I am so glad that Kathy does not “usually” fire back with something meaner, uglier, louder than what I sent her way. She usually has a way of nicely letting me know that I am being a jerk!

 “Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.” Proverbs 12:18


Application

I will carefully choose the words that I use with my spouse. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know how much help I need controlling my mouth and the words that come out of it. I know that it is a heart problem. So I pray and ask You for help. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
   


   



   

Daily Bible Reading:  Matthew 20,21,22;




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: