Friday, November 06, 2015

But The Man Who Commits Adultery Is An Utter Fool


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But The Man
Who Commits Adultery
Is An Utter Fool

“When the impossible day comes that Christ breaks his vow, ‘I am with you always, to the end of the age,’ then, on that day, a human being may break his marriage covenant.” —John and Noël Piper -- It is not too late to change the direction of your life. If you are committing adultery, or about to commit adultery – stop and get right with God and then get right with your spouse! Don’t be an “Utter Fool”!

Scripture

Proverb 6

32 But the man who commits adultery is an utter fool,
    for he destroys himself.


Observation

An “Utter Fool”!

God says that a man who commits adultery has no sense at all! He will destroy himself!

Men can rationalize and may even say, trying to make their sin seem light, “well my wife was unfaithful first!”

Marriage is a commitment to the Lord not just to our spouse. 


“When the impossible day comes that Christ breaks his vow, ‘I am with you always, to the end of the age,’ then, on that day, a human being may break his marriage covenant.” —John and Noël Piper


It is not too late to change the direction of your life. If you are committing adultery, or about to commit adultery – stop and get right with God and then get right with your spouse! 

Don’t be an “Utter Fool”!


Application


I will continue to pray for men and women who disregard God’s Word and are on the road to self-destruction.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t know how You are able to watch us sin and not strike us down. We don’t deserve Your mercy. We don’t deserve Your kindness. We are sinners. We are broken. I realize this morning that I am just as capable as anyone else of any sin that I see others commit. I am not their judge. But You have called me to be one who prays for them. I pray for men today who are doing stupid things. They believe the enemy and his lies. They are destroying themselves and their families. I pray for them this morning. You know exactly whom I am praying for. You are the God of miracles. You can heal any relationship even though they have quit believing that it is possible.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 30; Psalms 120; Galatians 3,4; Psalm 6; Proverbs 6



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: