Wednesday, November 04, 2015

You Have Given Me Greater Joy Than Those Who Have Abundant Harvests Of Grain And New Wine


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Have Given Me
Greater Joy
Than Those Who Have Abundant Harvests Of Grain And New Wine

Joy Does Not Come with an accumulation of possessions! In fact, the more stuff we have the more we seem to worry! Possessions actually can be joy robbers! JOY Comes from a close relationship with our Heavenly Father through the Lord Jesus Christ. I will remind myself as I go through the day that it is in relationships that I find joy and not in stuff.

Scripture

Psalm 4

You have given me greater joy
    than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine.


In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

Observation

Joy Does Not Come with an accumulation of possessions! In fact, the more stuff we have the more we seem to worry! Possessions actually can be joy robbers!

19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. Matthew 6: 19-21

15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.1 John 2:15-17

31 Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away. I Corinthians 7:31

JOY Comes from a close relationship with our Heavenly Father through the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content. I Timothy 6:6-8

Application

I will remind myself as I go through the day that it is in relationships that I find joy and not in stuff:

  “J” Jesus First, “O” Others Second, “Y” Yourself Third = JOY for Eddy!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy for me to think that a “new something” is going to bring me joy. It might bring me pleasure for a moment but it will not bring “joy”. I live an abundant life because of Jesus Christ. I do not lack any good thing. You have provided me with so much. Help me live in a way that reflects my relationship with You. I don’t want to be consumed with everything that the world is continually offering me. I know that it will not satisfy. You are enough for me. Don’t let me forget it. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 26,27; Mark 15,16; Psalm 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: