Sunday, November 15, 2015

You Are Helping Us By Praying For Us.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You
Are Helping Us
By Praying For Us.

Praying for someone may seem like a small thing. You may think that your prayers for others don’t do much good. Well according to God’s Word your prayers and my prayers when they are for someone else are super powerful! God loves to answer our prayers!

Scripture

2 Corinthians 1

11 And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety.

Observation

Praying for someone may seem like a small thing. You may think that your prayers for others don’t do much good. Well according to God’s Word your prayers and my prayers when they are for someone else are super powerful! God loves to answer our prayers!

I pray for some folks it seems like everyday. I try to pray for my family, for Kathy, my kids, and my grandkids everyday. I pray for my nephew Jonathan who is in a coma and his Mom who takes care of him 24/7 everyday. And I pray for some of you that read this little blog every time I see your name.

I believe that “intercession” for others is our biggest task while we are here on earth. In fact, it is one of the two most important tasks that God has given us. Our main job is sharing the Gospel and our second task is interceding for others.

Who needs our help today? Who needs for us to pray for them?

“…The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16b

Application

I will keep praying for people as the Lord puts them on my heart because I know that He wants to work in their lives and He wants to answer my prayers.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have given me so many verses about how important it is to pray. I know that You hear me. Don’t let me give up. Don’t let me stop praying for people even though I don’t see their lives changing yet. Don’t let me give up on praying for those who are sick. Don’t let me give up on praying for those who need a personal relationship with You. Don’t let me give up on praying for friends who are living lives of disobedience and who need to repent and come back to You. I hold on to Your Word today. I believe what You say about prayer. I know that You want me to pray for those around me. Hear my prayer Lord and help them! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 41,42; 2 Corinthians 1,2




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: