Friday, November 20, 2015

Seek The Kingdom Of God Above All Else, And Live Righteously, And He Will Give You Everything You Need.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Seek The Kingdom Of God Above All Else,
And Live Righteously,
And He Will Give You Everything You Need. 

If you read the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5,6, & 7 it takes only about 15 minutes, but it will take you and it will take me a lifetime to put everything that we read in those 15 minutes into practice. To be honest though, when I look around at what some other people have I sometimes catch myself wanting what they have and I catch myself feeling a little bit deprived. Do you ever do that?



Scripture


Matthew 6

33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

Observation

If you read the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5,6, &7 it takes only about 15 minutes, but it will take you and it will take me a lifetime to put everything that we read in those 15 minutes into practice.

Matthew 6:33 was one of my first scripture memory verses that I learned when I first started growing as a Christian. Of course, I learned it in the King James Version, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

Looking back on my life I realize that I could have dedicated myself to becoming wealthy, accumulating and having lots of money, living in a large house that is paid for, driving a new car and having lots of toys to play with. I could have made that my life mission. I could have done that and maybe even succeeded, but I am so glad that I didn’t.

To be honest though, when I look around at what some other people have I sometimes catch myself wanting what they have and I catch myself feeling a little bit deprived. Do you ever do that?

To correct my sinful attitude all I need to do is to look around me at all that I do have.

I have a place to call home. I have a wonderful wife. She is the best wife a man could ever hope to have by his side. God has blessed Kathy and I with 3 sons and 2 daughters who have given us 10 grandchildren that we love like crazy! I have the best friends that a man could ever want and though they are scattered across several different countries and spread all over the United States, they are always very close to me in my heart. I never lack for food to eat and have more clothes than any one man should own. I am blessed.

If you have determined in your heart to live out Matthew 6:33 then I can safely say that you are blessed too! God doesn’t lie. If we put Him first and seek to live for Him then we will not lack.

He will take care of our needs.


Application

I will thank my God today for all that He had done for me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let my eyes get fixed on what I don’t have. Don’t let me covet the junk that others have accumulated. You have provided so much for me. I am blessed. You have given me all that I need and even more than I need so that I can help others. Help me to be more generous. Help me to be filled with gratitude for all that I have and help me to not be concerned or worried about what others have. Help me to seek Your Kingdom above all else and help me to put You first. Remind me when You need to that You are all that I need.


Daily Bible Reading:  Matthew 5,6,7




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: