Friday, November 13, 2015

I’m Bankrupt Without Love


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I’m
Bankrupt
Without Love

Money cannot buy the riches that Kathy and I have! If you and I love people the way that God wants us to love them, then my friend, we are rich! Sometimes Kathy and I bemoan the fact that our income in now very limited compared to what it used to be. But the truth is that when prices go up (and that is the only way they tend to go) and we have to make do with less, we are still rich! We are still very blessed! We are rich in friends!

Scripture

1 Corinthians 13

I’m bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end. 4-7 MESSAGE


Observation

Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything. 2 Corinthians 6:10

You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Money cannot buy the riches that Kathy and I have! 

If you and I love people the way that God wants us to love them, then my friend, we are rich!
Sometimes Kathy and I bemoan the fact that our income in now very limited. But the truth is that when prices go up (and that is the only way they tend to go) and we have to make do with less, we are still rich! 

We are still very blessed! 

We are rich in friends!

 Application

I will enjoy the friends that God has brought into our lives. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am bankrupt without love. Because of Your love and because of all of the wonderful friends that You have brought into my life and into Kathy’s life we are very rich. Every week it seems like You bring someone else into our lives to make our lives richer. 

Thank You for so many very good friends. When I pray for them I know that I am making a deposit in Heaven. 

Help me to be a good friend to them. Give me the love, the wisdom, and the candor to correct them when needed and let them do the same for me. Don’t ever let me forget where my riches are being stored up. Don’t ever let me think of storing up riches down here. 


Daily Bible Reading: Job 39,40; 1 Corinthians 13,14




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: