Sunday, November 29, 2015

We Urge You In The Name Of The Lord Jesus To Live In A Way That Pleases God, As We Have Taught You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We Urge You In The Name Of The Lord Jesus
To Live In A Way That Pleases God,
As We Have Taught You.


I shake my head in unbelief at what some people who call themselves Christians put up on social media for fellow believers to read and see. For the life of me I just don’t get it. God’s will for us is for us to be holy, to stay away from all sexual sin. We are not to live like the pagans, in lustful passion. Pagans don’t know God or His ways. Lets live in a way that pleases God.


Scripture

1 Thessalonians 4

Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you.

God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor— not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways.

Observation

I shake my head in unbelief at what some people who call themselves Christians put up on social media for fellow believers to read and see. For the life of me I just don’t get it.

God’s will for us is for us to be holy, to stay away from all sexual sin.

We are not to live like the pagans, in lustful passion. They don’t know God or His ways.

Lets live in a way that pleases God.

If we go to church, if we read our Bibles then we should know that sexual immorality is totally wrong. No matter what kind of spin you and I might put on it, no matter how we might try to rationalize it God says that it is wrong.

As the Apostle Paul had to remind his brothers and sisters in Thessalonica I guess that you and I must be reminded too. Each of us must control his or her own body and we will all must live in holiness and honor.

As I write this I remind myself that I am a sinner. I am capable of any stupid sin just like anyone else. 

Application


I will pray and ask God to help me live in a way that pleases Him. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me show grace to those who are acting out and doing things that only pagans do. Help me correct them if I have the opportunity, but help me to do it in a way that helps them. Help me to have the right attitude and the right motive when I say anything to them. Keep me from stupid sins. Don’t let me do things that bring You displeasure. I want to live in a way that pleases You. Help me to do just that!

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Thessalonians 4,5; 2 Thessalonians 1,2,3




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: