Thursday, November 12, 2015

Worry Weighs A Person Down; An Encouraging Word Cheers A Person Up.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Worry Weighs A Person Down;
An
Encouraging Word Cheers A Person Up. 

So we can be “worrywarts” today or we can be “encouragers” – I believe that the choice is ours! 

Scripture

Proverbs 12

25 Worry weighs a person down;
    an encouraging word cheers a person up.


Observation

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
Corrie ten Boom,


 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. Matthew 6:34

“I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.” ― Mark Twain

 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11

So we can be “worrywarts” today or we can be “encouragers” – 

I believe that the choice is ours! 

Lets look around and find someone that needs to be encouraged today! 

So let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith. Galatians 6:9 MESSAGE

Application

I will do my best to be an encouragement to someone today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is way to easy for me to be concerned about me, myself, and I. I confess that I have an “I” problem. Help me to look for someone that needs to be encouraged today. Bring them into my path and let me show them that I care about them. Don’t let me focus on myself today! I know that worry is simply a lack of faith. Don’t let me drift in the direction of worry today. Help me to pray about everything instead of worrying about everything and help me to do it with a grateful heart. Then I can experience the peace that passes all understanding!


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 37,38; 1 Corinthians 12; Psalm 12; Proverbs 12


> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: