Sunday, December 14, 2008

Accountable to God

Hebrews 12; Hebrews 13; Jude 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 13

17 Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit.

Observation

It is a privilege to serve the Lord, but it is also a huge responsibility. I know that one day I will stand before God and give an account to Him. I want Him to be able to say to me, “Well done my good and faithful servant.” I don’t want to mess up.

Application

I desire to have a servant’s heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize that one day soon I will stand before you and give an account of how I served You here on this earth. Help me to remain faithful. Give me the strength not to yield to the temptations around me. Give me the wisdom to lead people to grow in Christ. I pray for our church that it would grow stronger everyday. I pray that today you would be lifted up and glorified through our worship services. This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

The other side of this scripture is the responsibility of the church to be good followers of the spiritual leaders.

Fighting against God's leader or gossiping about him is serious business.

There cannot be unity in the body if the body is fighting the leader.