Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Reminder!

1 John 1; 1 John 2; 1 John 3; 1 John 4; 1 John 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 John 5

21 “Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.”

Observation

Things always have a way taking God place in our hearts. Adults have toys too. They are really idols. They are the things that take primary place in our hearts, a place that only belongs to God.

It could be a boat, a computer, a computer or video game, hunting, fishing, buying stuff at stores, a hobby, a passion, all of these when we don’t keep them in their place they take God’s place. And God says that we should keep away from things like that. So you may have to curtail your hunting, fishing, shopping, and allow God to take priority in your life.

Christmas is a great time to make the adjustments and recommit your life to God. Is He Number One in your life today or has some toy taken His place and has crowded Him out? You can change that today!

Application

Today I recommit my life to You Lord. Show me anything that I am allowing to be too important in my life. I want You to be Number One in my life today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for this Christmas. So much good stuff has happened in and through our church. The Christmas Candle Light Service was awesome and I believe that it brought You Glory and Honor. This day is all about You and Your plan for us. Thank You for coming up with the idea of Christmas. Thank you for sending Your Son to die for my sins. Help me to keep You first in my life.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: