Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christ Filled Lives Are Obvious To Those Around Us!

Colossians 1; Colossians 2; Colossians 3; Colossians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Colossians 3

16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

Observation

What’s your life and my life full of these days? I was reading a friend’s profile on Facebook and as I read it I searched for some indication that Jesus was his Savior, but there was nothing written in the profile that gave any indication of a life filled with Jesus. I could not find one hint of a relationship with Christ from the list of activities, favorite books, favorite TV shows, movies, music, quotes, or interests.

Then I immediately thought about my profile and how little I had written on my
profile page and right now someone would probably be hard pressed to know if I was a Christian by reading my profile page on Facebook.

I am going to work on that just as soon as I have an extra minute. When someone walks into our home they should immediately know that Jesus Christ reigns in our hearts by what they see displayed in our homes and what is displayed on Facebook or on a My Space page should reflect a life full of Jesus too …but does it?


Application

I will let the message of Jesus fill my life!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me fill every inch of my life with Jesus. I pray that the message of Christ would dominate my life. Help me to put You first in my life today. May You be glorified through my life. I pray that my attitude and my actions would make You smile today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: