Saturday, December 27, 2008

Jesus – No Longer a Babe In A Manger!

Revelation 1; Revelation 2; Revelation 3; Revelation 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 1

12 When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. 13 And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire. 15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was like the sun in all its brilliance.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.

Observation

Pictures of Jesus that have been created in the minds of men will never really show us what Jesus looked like and cannot show us what Jesus will look like when He returns. But this description of Jesus given by the Apostle John makes it clear that when He returns He will return as Victor and He will not return as a Meek Suffering Servant as He did the first time. When He comes the Second time it will be with a two edged sword coming from His Mouth!

We need to be ready for His Second Coming. Jesus says, “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 21 Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne.”

Application

I want to be victorious and sit with Jesus on His throne. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be faithful 100%. I don’t want you to have something against me like You did against the seven churches in these first chapters of Revelation. Help me not to fall into sin. Keep me strong. Help me to strengthen others in their walk with You. You are the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: