Friday, December 19, 2008

“Celebrate Recovery” – A Ministry That Can Change Your Life!

John 5; John 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 5

Jesus Heals a Lame Man


1 Afterward Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days. 2 Inside the city, near the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda, with five covered porches. 3 Crowds of sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches. 5 One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”

7 “I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.”
8 Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!”

9 Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up his sleeping mat and began walking!

Observation

This man has spent thirty-eight years lying there sick and Jesus asked him this all important question, “Would you like to get well?” How long have you been struggling with your hurt, hang-up, or habit? Would you like to get well?
Did you notice the man’s response to Jesus’ question? He said, “I can’t, sir”, somebody always gets there before I can get myself to the pool.’ (Eddy paraphrase)

Until a person comes to the point in their life where he or she is willing to say to God, “I can’t” they can never truly experience “Recovery”. You and I have to come to a point in our lives where we realize that “WE CAN’T” get well on our own then and only then can Jesus bring us to complete recovery.

I watch people everyday that are trying to fix things themselves and they are either unwilling or they are still ignorant of the fact that Jesus can and Jesus wants to give them complete victory over their hurts, hang-ups, and habits so they can Celebrate Recovery!

Would you surrender your life to Jesus today? Would you tell him, “Jesus, I can’t?” and let Him begin to heal you today?

If you live in the Tampa Bay area and need help with a hurt, hang-up, or destructive habit then come join us this Sunday at 5 pm at Tampa Baptist Church for Celebrate Recovery. We meet in our gym located on the east side of our campus by the corner of Flora St and Dixon St. You can go to our church web site for more information at:

www.tampabaptistchurch.com

Application

I will continue to steer people to become involved in our Celebrate Recovery ministry because it changes people’s lives.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for our Celebrate Recovery ministry. I pray for the leaders. I pray that you would encourage them. I pray that you would empower them. I pray that you would call strong leaders to come help them. I thank you for their faithfulness and I thank you for the lives that are being changed.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: