Friday, December 05, 2008

Why Memorize Scripture? Here’s At Least One Reason Why!

Ephesians 5; Ephesians 6; Psalm 119:1-80
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 119

9 How can a young person stay pure?
By obeying your word.

11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.

Observation

Psalm 119:9,11 were some of the first verses that I can remember memorizing when I gave my life to Christ at nineteen years of age. Scripture memory has probably helped keep me out of a world of trouble. Today I continue to try to memorize a verse a week, but I am not great at reviewing them like I should.

God’s Word is powerful. Hebrews 4:12 declares, “that God’s Word is living and sharper than a two edge sword. I love His Word.” If you will just make a commitment to read God’s Word everyday you life will be radically different! I promise!

Application

I will work harder at reviewing the verses that I have memorized. This week’s memory verse is Romans 12:11, “Never be lazy in your work, but serve the Lord enthusiastically.”

In Ephesians 6 the Apostle Paul repeats this same theme again in today’s Bible reading, “7 Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. 8 Remember that the Lord will reward each one of us for the good we do, whether we are slaves or free.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to read Your Word everyday. Help it become part of my life and help me place Your Word in my heart. Use Your Word in my life to make me more like Christ!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

Memory verses is the hardest discipline!