Wednesday, December 24, 2008

“As for you, follow me.”

John 19; John 20; John 21
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

John 21

22 “…As for you, follow me.”

Observation

John 20 ends the Gospel of John except for one thing, “the restoration of Peter”, remember that Peter had denied Christ three times after Jesus was arrested. Peter repented of his action but he needed the reassurance from Jesus that Jesus still loved him even though Peter was guilty of the terrible denial.

It is interesting that when Jesus met up with Peter to restore their relationship that Peter immediately looked around and said, “what about him”. Jesus doesn’t rebuke him for the question He just says, “…as for you, follow me”

We always want to compare our walk with someone else’s, but the Lord wants us to follow Him no matter what anybody else is doing. We shouldn’t compare ourselves with other believers we must compare ourselves with what God has asked us to do.

It is always a temptation to start nitpicking and criticizing someone else’s walk or ministry when we are not happy with ourselves, when we are not happy about our own walk, or our own ministry.

Kathy and I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and an Exciting and Blessed New Year!

Application

I will focus on what God has called me to do and not worry about what others are doing or not doing.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for calling me to serve You. Help me to serve You with all my heart, all my mind and all of my soul. Give me wisdom to be able to lead Your people in understanding what You would have them to do. I pray that you raise up leaders in our church and I pray for workers to help us further Your Kingdom.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: