Saturday, December 20, 2008

Only Jesus Could Make This Statement!

John 7; John 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 8

46 Which of you can truthfully accuse me of sin? And since I am telling you the truth, why don’t you believe me?

John 7

23 Jesus continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You belong to this world; I do not. 24 That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM who I claim to be, you will die in your sins.”

Observation

If someone claimed that they had never sinned would you believe them? Jesus is challenging his accusers to put up or shut up. They never could truthfully accuse Jesus of sin. When they arrested Jesus they had to get people to lie about Him.
I don’t think that I can go a day without committing some kind of sin.

Can you imagine living 33 years on this earth without ever sinning one time? He had a bunch of brothers and sisters and still never sinned. The scriptures say that he was tempted in every way we are yet He never gave in to any of those temptations not once in 33 years.

Jesus says in John 7:24 “…unless you believe that I AM who I claim to be, you will die in your sins.”

Do you believe that Jesus came to this earth, lived a sinless life and then died for your sins? Christmas is God’s Gift to you! He doesn’t want you to die in your sins. His Gift to you is Eternal Life through the sinless life of Jesus Christ our Lord!

Application

It is the desire of my heart to be a person that is truthful, transparent, a person of integrity.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, even though I can never be perfect I pray that I would be a person that people could trust. Help me be a man of integrity. I want my life to reflect my relationship with Jesus. I pray for Kevin and Rachel today as they get married. I pray that you bless their marriage and use them to further Your Kingdom in the future. I pray that You surround them with strong Christians that can help them grow in Christ.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: