Friday, December 12, 2008

You Know What Makes Me Mad?

Hebrews 5; Hebrews 6; Hebrews 7; Hebrews 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 7

24 But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. 25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.

26 He is the kind of high priest we need because he is holy and blameless, unstained by sin. He has been set apart from sinners and has been given the highest place of honor in heaven.

27 Unlike those other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices every day. They did this for their own sins first and then for the sins of the people. But Jesus did this once for all when he offered himself as the sacrifice for the people’s sins.

Observation

You know there is one thing that really makes me angry. There is probably more than one thing that makes me angry but this one thing makes me really angry: When people think that Jesus does not have the Power to save completely! They want to insist that we have to do good works to be saved and then keep up the good works to keep our salvation.

They seem to ignore the fact that God Himself came down to this earth to live a perfect life that we could not live and then died in our place on a cross to pay the penalty for our sin that we could not pay. The Bible says that we are declared righteous which means that we are not righteous by our own effort.

Jesus saved us (those of us that have placed our faith and our trust completely in Him) and He is now interceding for us before God the Father on our behalf.

Application

I will not worry about losing my salvation and I will look for an opportunity today to share my faith.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to share my faith. Help me move someone closer to You today. Give me the opportunity to be a bridge today between someone and You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: