Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Power of That Name – Jesus!

John 15; John 16; John 17; John 18
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!



Scripture

John 16

23 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name. 24 You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.

Observation

Just think that if you were working for the President of the United States and could use his name when you needed something. My name is So and So and I work for the President. The person that you are talking to would probably break their neck to help you.

Jesus says that when we need something that we can use His Name and He would stand behind the request to His Father.

It would go sort of like this: “Dear God I am asking for this and Your Son said that I could mention His Name because I have a personal relationship with Him.

Is that cool or what?

Application

As I talk to God today, I realize that I can do so because I am connected to His Son Jesus. He is the Vine and I am one of the branches.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me realize the wonderful privilege I have of being able to come to You at any time with any request because of Jesus. It is in His Name that I approach Your Throne. I come boldly today because of Jesus. Thank You for hearing me and thank You for saying Yes to my requests. You are Wonderful and Worthy of Praise!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: