Thursday, February 11, 2010

Don’t Be Afraid!

Leviticus 15; Leviticus 16; Leviticus 17; Acts 18
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 18

9 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, “Don’t be afraid! Speak out! Don’t be silent! 10 For I am with you, and no one will attack and harm you, for many people in this city belong to me.”

Observation

Fear not…Don’t be afraid are two phrases that are repeated hundreds of times in your Bible and in my Bible. I think that there are over 300 hundred “Fear Nots” for us in scripture. Why so many reminders because we tend to be afraid. All fear is simply a lack of faith. God says, “Don’t be afraid”.

What brings you fear today? Maybe you are afraid because you have a sickness or disease or someone close to you is sick or maybe someone is close to death and you don’t want to lose him or her. It could be that you are about to lose your job or maybe you have already lost your job and now are about to lose your home. Whatever your situation is God still says, “Don’t be afraid.” He is with you. Well He is with you if you are putting Him first in your life…if He is not Lord of your life then I would say that you better be afraid. I would not want to live one day outside of the protection of my loving Heavenly Father. He is with me today.

Application

I will not be afraid. I will trust God today with everything that is coming my way.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to see Your hand in everything that happens today. When I am afraid I pray that You remind me that You are with me and I do not need to fear anything. Thank You for promising to take care of me. Thank You that You are constantly working in my life. I pray that You give me strength in the areas where I always tend to have doubts and fears. I pray today for my family. I pray that You protect them. I pray that You heal those in my family that are sick. You are the Great Healer. I put my trust and my faith in You to work miracles in the lives of those that I love. Thank You for taking such good care of me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: