Tuesday, February 16, 2010

His Hand of Favor On Us … If

Leviticus 26; Leviticus 27; Acts 23
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Leviticus 26

Blessings for Obedience

“Do not make idols or set up carved images, or sacred pillars, or sculptured stones in your land so you may worship them. I am the LORD your God. 2 You must keep my Sabbath days of rest and show reverence for my sanctuary. I am the LORD.

3 “If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, 4 I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field will produce their fruit. 5 Your threshing season will overlap with the grape harvest, and your grape harvest will overlap with the season of planting grain. You will eat your fill and live securely in your own land.

6 “I will give you peace in the land, and you will be able to sleep with no cause for fear. I will rid the land of wild animals and keep your enemies out of your land. 7 In fact, you will chase down your enemies and slaughter them with your swords. 8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand! All your enemies will fall beneath your sword.

9 “I will look favorably upon you, making you fertile and multiplying your people. And I will fulfill my covenant with you. 10 You will have such a surplus of crops that you will need to clear out the old grain to make room for the new harvest! 11 I will live among you, and I will not despise you. 12 I will walk among you; I will be your God, and you will be my people. 13 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt so you would no longer be their slaves. I broke the yoke of slavery from your neck so you can walk with your heads held high.

Observation

We can’t have both a life of sin and the Hand of God’s favor over us. Which do you want a life blessed by God or a life torn by sin, strife, destruction, and death? Hmmm you would think that the answer would be a no brainer, but most people choose the second choice rather than a life filled with God’s blessings. Maybe it is because they have not heard the Good News about how God wants to bless them? Maybe they have not heard how to have a personal relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ?

I am motivated every day to help people know that God wants to bless them and not harm them. He has a wonderful plan for them. He wants to save them from the life of misery that they are living. He wants to give them an abundant life full of meaning and purpose.

How are things going in your life today? Are you blessed? Do you have the Hand of God’s favor on your life today? If you are a Christ – follower then as a believer you need to keep your life free from sin. Unconfessed sin keeps us from receiving God’s blessings.

If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Psalm 66:18-19

Application

I will keep my sins confessed up and I will share the Good News as I have the opportunity today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want Your hand of favor on my life. I do not want to live with unconfessed sin in my life because I know that You will not hear my prayers and I will miss out on the blessings that You have planned for me to enjoy. I trust You with my life and I know that a life that receives Your favor is far better than what sin with its momentary pleasure can provide. Keep me away from sin. Protect me today. Help me move people closer to You and away from sin and destruction.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: