Saturday, February 06, 2010

To The Farthest Corners of The Earth

Leviticus 1; Leviticus 2; Leviticus 3; Acts 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 13

47 For the Lord gave us this command when he said,
‘I have made you a light to the Gentiles,
to bring salvation to the farthest corners of the earth.’”

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers. 49 So the Lord’s message spread throughout that region.

Observation

It is in our DNA to take the Gospel everywhere. It is who we are as Christ-Followers! I like verse forty-eight where it says, “When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message.” I am a gentile (non Jew) and I am very glad that the Good News of Christ’s love and Christ’s forgiveness reached me. Now it is my job to take it to other people around my neighborhood and around the world.

Application

I will work on the upcoming mission trips to make them as successful as possible.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help us as we go through redefining who we are as your church. Thank You for putting the message of the Good News in our DNA. It is who we are and we have to be faithful in sharing our faith. Give our people energy and the desire to do Your will. Help them reach their neighbors and friends and help them to invite them to church. Help me model what I want our church to do and be. Keep me focused on the things that count for Your kingdom. I pray for people to be saved. I pray for people to be added to our church. I pray for workers for the harvest.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: