Sunday, February 07, 2010

Hardship – Count On It!

Leviticus 4; Leviticus 5; Leviticus 6; Acts 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 14

21 After preaching the Good News in Derbe and making many disciples, Paul and Barnabas returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch of Pisidia, 22 where they strengthened the believers. They encouraged them to continue in the faith, reminding them that we must suffer many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God. 23 Paul and Barnabas also appointed elders in every church. With prayer and fasting, they turned the elders over to the care of the Lord, in whom they had put their trust. 24 Then they traveled back through Pisidia to Pamphylia. 25 They preached the word in Perga, then went down to Attalia.

Observation

The Kingdom of God is all around us but we will suffer many hardships to enter into it. I realize that life is not simple and I know that life is not easy. We sometimes think that life should get easier for us as we get older, but just the opposite is true. Life was so much easier when we were younger.

When you give your life to Christ you are entering into a life that is both very difficult and very rewarding. It is an abundant life but that does not mean that is pain free and without suffering. In this passage Paul is stoned by the people and left for dead outside the city. I wonder what the people thought when he got up and came back into that city the next day. Wow!

Have you read how many times Paul was beaten, thrown in prison, and experienced suffering? It is a long list. Compared to Paul I don’t even have a list!

Application

What was the key to Paul’s life? I think the key to his spiritual success is found in verse twenty-three “prayer and fasting”. I will pray and fast.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to understand how Your kingdom works. I want to experience Your power like Paul did. I am not excited about the suffering part of the Christian life, but I know that it goes with our calling. I pray today that You do some incredible things within our church family. I pray that You help us be the church that You want us to be. I pray that You provide us laborers for the harvest. I pray that You raise up leaders within our church. I pray for people to be saved. I pray that You bless our people. I pray for those that are dealing with addictions I pray that You set them free.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: