Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ministry of Intercession

Numbers 14; Numbers 15; Numbers 16; Mark 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Numbers 14

17 “Please, Lord, prove that your power is as great as you have claimed. For you said, 18 ‘The LORD is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. But he does not excuse the guilty. He lays the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations.’ 19 In keeping with your magnificent, unfailing love, please pardon the sins of this people, just as you have forgiven them ever since they left Egypt.”

Observation

Praying for people that do not deserve to be forgiven is our job. Sinners who are acting out and who are being rebellious against God need for us to pray for them. They deserve God’s judgment, but we are praying on their behalf for God to forgive them and save them. Who are you praying for today that needs to receive a pardon from God? I hope someone comes to your mind.
I am praying for some folks that need God’s help and God’s forgiveness even though right now they seem to care less about God and His righteousness.

Application

I will continue to pray for God’s unfailing love to work in the lives of some of my family members until I see them walking with the Lord. I do not plan on giving up on them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that because of Your unfailing love for us that You change the hearts of those in my family that seem determine to destroy themselves in live styles of sin and disobedience. I ask You to turn their hearts. I pray that You open up their spiritual eyes so that they can see all that You have waiting for them if they will just repent. Help them to repent. Help them to turn. Give them new hearts.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: