Monday, February 08, 2010

Undeserved Grace

Leviticus 7; Leviticus 8; Leviticus 9; Acts 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 15

11 We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.”

Observation

God’s grace is undeserved. We deserve to go to Hell. I guess using the word undeserved in front of the word grace give double emphasis to the fact that we can’t earn or do anything to merit going to Heaven and we can’t save ourselves no matter how hard we try.

In a couple of hours I will be talking to people at Mission Tampa and I will ask them about their relationship with God and almost all of them will reply that they think that God will let them into Heaven because of their goodness. About 99% of the people I talk to today at Mission Tampa will think that they can do good stuff and by doing more good stuff than bad God is going to let them into Heaven.

Most people in this world believe that by their own goodness they can be saved. If you don’t believe me then just ask them this question, “If you were standing at Heaven’s gate and God asked you, ‘why should I let you into My Heaven what would you say?” Most people will reply with a works answer or in other words they will say that God is going to let them in because of something they have done.


They are spiritually blinded. Pray for them. Pray that God would open their spiritual eyes so they can be saved.

Application

I will pray for those that think works will save them and I will ask God to open up their spiritual eyes so they can be saved.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that most people are blinded spiritually and they do not realize that they are lost and are going to Hell because they don’t have a personal relationship with You. I pray for people to be saved today at Mission Tampa. I pray that You would open up their eyes so they can see You and that they can understand the Gospel message.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: