Sunday, February 28, 2010

Love Never Gives Up!

Numbers 24; Numbers 25; Numbers 26; Numbers 27; 1 Corinthians 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 13

Love Is the Greatest

1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when full understanding comes, these partial things will become useless.

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

Observation

As you read this chapter what goes through your mind? You can take the name of Jesus and put it in the place of love in every place that the word “love” is mentioned and it would still have the same meaning because God is love.
The more we are like Jesus the more we will reflect the truth found in this chapter. What verse or phrase requires extra work on your part? For me I think the phrase that gives me the most trouble is found in verse five, “love is not irritable.” So being grumpy and being loving doesn’t go together … imagine that!

Application

I will think about this chapter as I go through this Lord’s Day. I will ask the Lord to help me be a reflection of 1 Cor. 13 today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to model, help me to live out, this chapter. It is so easy for me to be grumpy. Help me to love people deeply today. Show me Your big picture so I can be excited about what You are doing at our church. I pray for people to be saved today. I pray for hearts to be open to Your Word.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: