Monday, March 01, 2010

How Important is Our Offerings to God?

Numbers 28; Numbers 29; Mark 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Numbers 28

The Daily Offerings

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Give these instructions to the people of Israel: The offerings you present as special gifts are a pleasing aroma to me; they are my food. See to it that they are brought at the appointed times and offered according to my instructions.

Observation

When you give your tithes and your offerings this is how God wants to receive them, as a pleasing aroma and as food. So God says that we should bring them as He has instructed us, at the right time and with the right attitude.

As you read chapter twenty-eight of Numbers you can see how God told them exactly how He wanted the offerings presented and what kind of offerings He desired. Done in the right way these offerings became a pleasing aroma and they satisfied God’s Soul or Spirit.

God wants us to present ourselves as living sacrifices today. What kind of offering does He want from us today? He wants us to give everything to Him.

Application

Today I give You 100%.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be a living sacrifice to You today. Show me where I am not 100% sold out to You. Today I want to live for You and not for myself.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: