Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rescue Me, Save Me, Pull Me, Take Care of Me…

Joshua 7; Joshua 8; Psalm 69; 1 Corinthians 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 69

14 Rescue me from the mud;
don’t let me sink any deeper!
Save me from those who hate me,
and pull me from these deep waters.

15 Don’t let the floods overwhelm me,
or the deep waters swallow me,
or the pit of death devour me.
16 Answer my prayers, O LORD,
for your unfailing love is wonderful.
Take care of me,
for your mercy is so plentiful.

Observation

Why can I pray for God to rescue me, save me, and pull me from the deep waters that are overwhelming me? Why? Because I serve a God who answers my prayers and I serve a God who loves me with unfailing wonderful love. I serve a God who is full of mercy.
So do you need to be rescued today? Are you sinking in mud today? Are you overwhelmed and drowning today? If you are then may I suggest that you do like the psalmist suggests and pray.

Application

I will pray. I know that God is a God of mercy and He answers my prayers.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to totally rely on You today. I pray that You would help me walk by Your Spirit this entire day. Don’t let me miss anything that has eternal significance. Help me focus on the people that You put in my path today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: