Thursday, March 25, 2010

Whatever You Do … Do It For God’s Glory

Joshua 21; Joshua 22; Psalm 47; 1 Corinthians 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 10

31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

Observation

If you are asking the question about whether you should do something or not here is a good way to know whether or not you should do it …does it bring God glory? Looking at that scene on your television, or that image on your computer, or taking a drink whether it is beer, wine, or something stronger, smoking that cigar or cigarette, eating that second or third plate of food at dinner, do any of these things bring God glory?

And is what you are doing just for your own good or is what you are doing going to help others be saved? These are two good tests about the use and stewardship of our time.

Application

I will focus on bringing God glory by doing the things that make Him smile. I will also strive to do things for others rather than for myself so that they will be saved.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me please You by making good choices and choosing things that would bring You glory. Don’t let me be so self centered that others aren’t coming to Christ. Help me focus on them and not myself.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: