Thursday, March 04, 2010

Have Faith…In God!

Numbers 34; Numbers 35; Numbers 36; Mark 11
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Mark 11

22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. 25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”

Observation

Having faith is not enough you and I must have our faith placed in God. The object of our faith is what matters. I can have faith in my car that it will get me home, but if you know my car you would think that I was an idiot to have faith in my car because it is about to completely fall apart. I have no faith in it at all. Right now it is not dependable. The saying, “you got to have faith” is incomplete without adding “in God”.

Application

Faith is a gift. It comes from God. Do you have faith?

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the faith that I need in You to do the things that You want me to do. Help me be a person of faith a person that can trust You to answer my prayers. I pray for the conference today. Use it in the lives of those that attend. Use it in our lives to help us lead our church in a way that it will grow.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: