Sunday, March 07, 2010

Bummed Out…Down in the Pits?

Deuteronomy 5; Deuteronomy 6; Psalm 43; Mark 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 43

5 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!

Observation

If you are bummed out this morning and all depressed why not do like the Psalmist and ask yourself “why”. If you are sad why not ask yourself “why am I so sad?” Then do as the Psalmist did and turn to God. Put your hope in God and begin to praise Him. Even if you don’t feel like it …do it. If He is your Savior and your God then there is no need to be depressed or sad. Praise Him right now!

Application

I will praise the Lord all day today. He is my Lord and my Savior. He is my God. He is the lifter up of my head.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I refuse to be depressed today. I look to You. I praise You. You are my Savior and my Lord. There is no need to be depressed. There is no reason to be sad. You are Mighty. You are my refuge. You are my strength. Mighty is Your Name.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Rick Morgan said...

https://f1.ctsmemberconnect.net/garoupdb/O-0000000847/G-0000022282/docs/Root/headerflower101.jpg

Rick Morgan said...

i messed up your blog header when I changed the church web site header. here is the URL for the new header if you want to use it on your blog.