Friday, March 12, 2010

What if God Treated Us Like This?

Deuteronomy 19; Deuteronomy 20; Deuteronomy 21; Galatians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Deuteronomy 21

A Rebellious Son

18 If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Observation

I am working on a message for Sunday about the prodigal son found in Luke 15. What a contrast Luke 15 is compared to Deuteronomy 21! I am glad that I don’t live under the law and I am really glad that I don’t get from God what I deserve. I am like the prodigal son. I have been welcomed back to fellowship with God but it is not because I deserve it. I don’t. I deserve to be stoned to death. I deserve to go to Hell. I am not going to Hell, but it has nothing to do with me. I am going to Heaven because I have a Heavenly Father who has lavished His love upon me. Love that I do not deserve.

Application

I will meditate on God’s Grace all day today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray today for wisdom. I pray for discernment. Help me Lord to know the right choices to make as I go through this day.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: