Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Why should I fear when evil days come!

Judges 9; Judges 10; Psalm 49; 1 Corinthians 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 49

5 Why should I fear when evil days come,
when wicked deceivers surround me-

6 those who trust in their wealth
and boast of their great riches?

7 No man can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for him-

8 the ransom for a life is costly,
no payment is ever enough-

9 that he should live on forever
and not see decay.

10 For all can see that wise men die;
the foolish and the senseless alike perish
and leave their wealth to others.

11 Their tombs will remain their houses forever,
their dwellings for endless generations,
though they had named lands after themselves.

12 But man, despite his riches, does not endure;
he is like the beasts that perish.

13 This is the fate of those who trust in themselves,
and of their followers, who approve their sayings.
Selah

14 Like sheep they are destined for the grave,
and death will feed on them.
The upright will rule over them in the morning;

their forms will decay in the grave,
far from their princely mansions.

15 But God will redeem my life from the grave;
he will surely take me to himself.

Selah

16 Do not be overawed when a man grows rich,
when the splendor of his house increases;

17 for he will take nothing with him when he dies,
his splendor will not descend with him.

18 Though while he lived he counted himself blessed—
and men praise you when you prosper-

19 he will join the generation of his fathers,
who will never see the light of life .

20 A man who has riches without understanding
is like the beasts that perish.

Observation

With everything going on in our country today, with a government that seems completely out of control, and with each day we seem to be spinning further and further away from the basic core values of God’s Word, it is encouraging to read Psalm 49 and be reminded “not to fear”.

I love verse fifteen, “But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself.” The Psalmist tells us not to worry about those that are wealthy in this life because they aren’t taking it with them.

This is not our home. We have a mansion waiting for us that we will live in forever. We are rich. Our riches are not for this life, this is life is so short that we don’t won’t to waste them here. I hope that you are sending your riches on up ahead and not stacking them up down here on this earth.


Application

In both passages today, I have been told not to “fear”. So I will not be afraid today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that He will carry me to glory when I die. Help me not to fret over what other people have. Help me to be a giver. Show me where and how to give. I pray that You continue to bless our people. Use our church today all over this city.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: