Monday, March 08, 2010

Would You Do This For Someone Else?

Deuteronomy 7; Deuteronomy 8; Deuteronomy 9; Mark 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Deuteronomy 9

18 “Then, as before, I threw myself down before the LORD for forty days and nights. I ate no bread and drank no water because of the great sin you had committed by doing what the LORD hated, provoking him to anger. 19 I feared that the furious anger of the LORD, which turned him against you, would drive him to destroy you. But again he listened to me. 20 The LORD was so angry with Aaron that he wanted to destroy him, too. But I prayed for Aaron, and the LORD spared him.

25 “That is why I threw myself down before the LORD for forty days and nights—for the LORD said he would destroy you. 26 I prayed to the LORD and said, ‘O Sovereign LORD, do not destroy them. They are your own people. They are your special possession, whom you redeemed from Egypt by your mighty power and your strong hand. 27 Please overlook the stubbornness and the awful sin of these people, and remember instead your servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Observation

How many of us have gone one day without eating anything? How about going one day without eating or drinking anything…how about not eating or drinking anything for 40 days? How about doing that two times in a row?

Moses went without food or water for 40 days and came down the mountain with the Ten Commandments. He found that the people had made a golden calf and were worshiping it. God wanted to destroy the people and God also wanted to destroy Moses’ brother Aaron who was leading them in this terrible sin, but Moses fell face down before God and prayed and fasted for 40 days - not eating or drinking anything while he interceded for the people.

Hmmm…. what sacrifice are we making so that people can be right with God? Are we praying and fasting…even a meal, a day, a few minutes everyday, are we doing anything so that those around us know Christ? What are we doing to move people closer to our Savior? Who do you need to pray for today?

Application

I will pray today for the people that God has placed on my heart that either need salvation or need to return to the Lord.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the heart that Moses had for his people. Help me lead with integrity. Help me to pray for and help me not give up on people that You have placed on my heart and that You have placed in my life. Bless them, forgive them, and help them in their walk with You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: