Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You Have To Realize That You Are Lost Before You Can Be Saved…

Numbers 12; Numbers 13; Psalm 90; Mark 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Mark 2

13 Then Jesus went out to the lakeshore again and taught the crowds that were coming to him. 14 As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Levi got up and followed him.

15 Later, Levi invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. (There were many people of this kind among Jesus’ followers.) 16 But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, “Why does he eat with such scum?”

17 When Jesus heard this, he told them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”

Observation

Do you know that you are a sinner? And do you realize that because you are a sinner that you deserve to go to Hell? We are all sinners and we all deserve to go to Hell. Until you realize that you are a Hell bound sinner it is impossible for you to be saved. Most people I talk to don’t believe that they are bound for hell. They believe that they are pretty good people and that God is going to let them into Heaven because of their goodness.

If you believe that you are pretty good and that you deserve to go to Heaven let me share a few verses with you so that you know you are a sinner in need of a Savior:

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

For the wages of sin is death … Romans 6:23

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, Hebrews 9:27

What we earn (a wage) by sinning is death (physical and spiritual death) and eternal judgment (Hell).

I witnessed to people yesterday that thought that they were ok with God. They didn’t think that they were bad sinners. They thought that their goodness would cause God to let them into His Heaven. They are on their way to Hell. I did my best yesterday to help them realize that they were sinners that needed a Savior. I pray that they realize that they are lost and perishing without Christ.

Application

I will continue to share my faith and I will continue to help people realize that they are lost so they can be found.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me share my faith in a way that brings people face to face with their spiritual condition. I pray that they realize they are sinners bound for Hell and turn to You. I pray for people to be saved. Let me have opportunities to help people come to know you.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: