Friday, February 19, 2010

Importance of Blessing People

Numbers 5; Numbers 6; Psalm 22; Acts 26
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Numbers 6

24 ‘May the LORD bless you
and protect you.
25 May the LORD smile on you
and be gracious to you.
26 May the LORD show you his favor
and give you his peace.’

Observation

Do you pray a blessing on your wife or on your husband and on your children everyday? If you answered “no” then this is a good day to start. I love this blessing don’t you? May the Lord smile on you – do you think that the Lord is smiling on you today?

I try to pray a blessing on Kathy everyday before I walk out the door. It is important to give her a good bye kiss, but it is just as important, no maybe it is more important to pray a blessing on her before I leave the house. Both the kiss and the blessing should be part of your going out the door ritual.

Praying a blessing on other people is just as important because God wants to bless them and He wants us to ask Him to bless them. Go through your Bible and look at how important it was for people to bless others and look at how God responded to their prayers.

Who will you bless today? Who will receive God’s blessing because you asked God to bless them?

Application

I will pray a blessing on every person that I meet today and on every person that God brings to my mind.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, bless and protect Kathy today and all my children and grandchildren. May You smile on them and be gracious to them. Show Your favor on them and give them Your peace.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

i need a new blessing to pray over her, one time I started praying a blessing and before i knew it I almost mentioned the food...ooops, it was bedtime NOT dinner time.