Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I believe in the resurrection of the dead…

Numbers 1; Numbers 2; Acts 24
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 24

14 “But I admit that I follow the Way, which they call a cult. I worship the God of our ancestors, and I firmly believe the Jewish law and everything written in the prophets. 15 I have the same hope in God that these men have, that he will raise both the righteous and the unrighteous. 16 Because of this, I always try to maintain a clear conscience before God and all people.

17 “After several years away, I returned to Jerusalem with money to aid my people and to offer sacrifices to God. 18 My accusers saw me in the Temple as I was completing a purification ceremony. There was no crowd around me and no rioting. 19 But some Jews from the province of Asia were there—and they ought to be here to bring charges if they have anything against me! 20 Ask these men here what crime the Jewish high council found me guilty of, 21 except for the one time I shouted out, ‘I am on trial before you today because I believe in the resurrection of the dead!’”

Observation

Christianity makes sense only if you believe in the resurrection of the dead! Paul says that they could charge him with that crime if they wanted to because he admitted that he was guilty of believing that the dead in Christ would some day be raised again. I believe that too! How about you?

I think it is interesting that the government officials could see that Paul had done nothing to deserve being put to death. Look at how they treated Paul they put him under house arrest and they let all of his friends come visit him and bring him food and other things. If he were a real criminal in their eyes they would not have treated him in such a way.

They only kept in jail to please the Jewish leaders. God’s hand of favor was on the life of Paul.

Application

What we believe is powerful! It is life changing! God will do mighty things in our lives because we are His children. I will expect God to do mighty things all day long today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are Mighty. There is nothing impossible for You. I believe that You are going to do life-changing things today in the lives of those around me today. You are all powerful and nothing absolutely nothing is too hard for You. Use me today to bring You glory and honor. Use our staff for Your glory. I pray for open doors into the hearts of people that I will meet and talk to today. May they be drawn closer to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: